Triple Peanut Butter Swirl Vegan Cheesecake
vegan, makes one cheesecake - used a 9” pie dish
16 oz. vegan cream cheese (2 standard tubs)
7 oz. virgin coconut oil
6 oz. liquid sweetener (I used maple syrup .. agave works too)
4 oz. creamy salted or unsalted peanut butter
2 Tbsp peanut butter
2 tsp coconut oil
2 tsp liquid sweetener
3/4 cup crushed vegan peanut butter cereal
1 tsp coconut oil to thickly “grease” pie dish
Lighten it up: This is a rich dessert! A tiny slice goes a long way. But if you crave a lighter cheesecake, you can reduce the oil to 1/3 - 1/2 cup without compromising the taste at all. The texture will simply be a bit softer and less buttery.
1. Add the vegan cream cheese, oil and peanut butter to a small bowl. Microwave until warm, room temperature. You want the oil to be almost melted or melted and the cream cheese and peanut butter to be at least room temperature. This ensures a smooth blend. And cold ingredients will turn the coconut oil back to its hard state and prevent a smooth blend.
2. Add the warmed ingredients plus the sweetener to a blender or fp. Blend until smooth.
3. Grease your pie crust and add a thick slather of coconut oil. Press the crushed cereal into the dish. (I crushed my cereal in my Vitamix) You want a fine powder.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture over top the crust.
5. Warm the swirl mixture in the microwave until it is at a pourable state. Then drizzle it over top the cheesecake and around the edges however you’d like. Use a blunt knife or toothpick to further swirl the peanut butter into the cheesecake. Do not over swirl or the color will become muddled.
6. Place your dish in the fridge and wait! In about 1-2 hours it should be fully cooled and ready to slice. You can speed up this process by placing it first in the freezer for ten minutes.
7. Serve: I like to allow my cheesecake to warm up a bit before serving (if I use the full fat recipe above). If you used less oil, your cheesecake will probably be on the softer side. But if it is a bit hard, simply warm on the counter for 15-20 minutes and it will soften up nicely.